DreamCrete Custom Creations of Orlando Talks About Why You Should Choose Concrete for Your Kitchen Countertops Over Other Materials!
Concrete countertops are a popular staple in many modern homes across Orlando because they are both functional and beautiful. Unlike what you may think, concrete is a premium, high-end material when used for kitchen countertops and can improve the resale value of your home. Just ask Joanna Gaines!
Probably the biggest reason why people love concrete countertops is that they’re so customizable. (In today’s world, it’s so rare to have something that’s one-of-a-kind!) Others may love it because it’s durable, heat resistant, easy to maintain, ages beautifully, and has a seamless look.
Below you will find details on the benefits of concrete countertops and why they’re so trendy.
- Concrete, a cement-and-sand mix, is tough and can endure a lot. Concrete countertops that are sealed are non-porous and very durable, making them sought after.
- At Dreamcrete, we use a durable reinforcement technique that prevents cracking and professional patented sealants that make the surface scratch resistant.
- If there is cracking in the concrete, it is because of poor workmanship, not a problem with its style.
- The abundance of design options is what makes concrete countertops stand out.
- You’ll be able to choose exactly what color, shape, style, surface, and polish you want. You can even embed something into the concrete if you wish!
- Through techniques such as etching or acid staining, you can create a really unique centerpiece for your kitchen.
- Whether you’re looking for something industrial, rustic, natural, or something a little more sophisticated, DreamCrete Custom Creations can help you out.
- Concrete countertops can withstand even the hottest pots and pans (as long as the proper sealer is used, of course).
- So, if you love cooking up a storm in the kitchen, these concrete, heat resistant countertops will be a life saver!
Easy to Maintain
- For everyday cleaning, a gentle cleaner or plain soap and water works fine and will not damage the concrete.
- You will want to make sure the concrete stays properly sealed by getting it resealed every 9-12 months for more long-term maintenance. Luckily, it’s easy to do!
- The level of maintenance all depends of course on what type of sealer was used. For example, a penetrating sealer, which is typically used if the client asks for a more natural look, usually won’t repel stains and scratches as well as others do.
- Concrete countertops are eye-catching and beautiful, and they stay that way for a long time when properly cared. Appearance improves with age.
- Some stone gets discolored and changes over time. This is not the case with concrete. You should expect your concrete countertop to look the same as it did the day it was installed.
- Seams and grout lines on a concrete surface are pretty much non-existent, creating a clean look. This cannot be said for literally any other stone countertop option.
- While concrete countertops are not the least expensive option on the market, they are more cost-effective than granite or marble.
- Cost, of course, depends on the level of customization required. For example, if you want to embed recycled glass. Regardless, concrete countertops are long-lasting, so you’re still getting your money’s worth.
All in all, today’s kitchen designs often include a concrete countertop, and for a good reason. There are so many creative design choices that other materials simply cannot provide. Invest in your home today by choosing a high-end concrete countertop. Let us help you build your dream concrete countertop that is 100% customized to your specs and desires.
Schedule a FREE estimate with DreamCrete Custom Creations today.
Distribution Links +