1. Choose the Right Deck Resurfacing Material
The first step in Orlando pool resurfacing is choosing a material that will meet your needs. You need to consider your lifestyle and how much you want to spend on the project before making this decision because it could end up being a major one. Here are some of the most common types of materials popular among pool owners when it comes to resurfacing pool deck surfaces:
- Concrete: This type of material is usually made from plain concrete refurbished. A concrete pool deck is an excellent choice for those who want a high-quality deck surface without spending too much money.
- Wood: This option offers a classic look, but it can be expensive and susceptible to weather damage. If you choose wood as your resurfacing material, you’ll also need to pay for regular cleaning, deck repair, and protective sealants.
- Tile: Tile deck resurfacing is an inexpensive way to add a modern look to your area, but it may not be slip-resistant enough if you plan on using the pool frequently. It can also crack with extended wear.
- Mosaic Tiles: This type of tile is similar to the plain version, but it has more intricate designs that are much more difficult to care for. If you like the look of mosaics, this could be an ideal choice. However, mosaic tiles can get hot enough in sunny weather to burn bare feet if they aren’t treated with water-resistant sealants.
2. Design Your Pool Deck for Maximum Comfort
Aside from choosing the right material, you should also consider your lifestyle after the project is done. For example, if you’ve small children at home or plan on frequently hosting outdoor parties, you’ll want to invest in a slip-resistant treatment that’s popular with many homeowners today.
Other critical factors to consider are how often the pool is used, the size of your pool deck, and where you live. If your location receives frequent rain, it’s best to install a surface that drains well instead of a material that holds water. It’ll keep your yard from becoming swampy or muddy, which can attract pests and damage your foundation.
3. Consider Your Budget
Once you know what you’ll be using your pool deck for, the next step is to determine how much you’re willing to spend on resurfacing. Fortunately, there are some known ways how you can keep costs down. These include:
- Invest in a cheaper product: There are more affordable surfaces of all types on the market today that will cost you less than an expensive product, such as marble. Keep in mind that cheaper resurfacing materials may not be as durable as higher-quality ones such as concrete.
- Look for special offers: Home improvement stores often offer special discounts and coupons that can significantly reduce the cost of your project. For instance, you could ask about their lifetime warranty policies before purchasing a product to receive a discount.
- Contract with a specialist: This is the most expensive option. However, a professional can give your surface a longer lifespan and provide more security. It’s still the best bet if you’re worried about taking on a resurfacing project for the first time.
4. Assess the Condition of Your Pool Deck
Before you begin the resurfacing process, make sure you take a good look at your current pool deck. It’ll help determine how much work needs to be done. To inspect the deck, ask yourself these questions:
How is your surface holding up? If you don’t see any cracks in the material or your deck seems to be level with no dips or gaps around it, this is an indication that there’s no need for resurfacing.
Is there a lot of water damage? If puddles tend to form on your deck even after it’s been raining for a short period, the surface will need to be replaced.
How often do you use your pool area? If you’re the type who doesn’t have time for regular maintenance or enjoy swimming in your backyard pool frequently, you may want to consider resurfacing to add a modern look that’s easy to maintain.
Does your current surface require a lot of upkeep? If you have to use harsh chemicals or spend hours scrubbing your deck, it may be time for remodeling your pool deck.
5. Find the Best Contractor for the Job
When you’ve decided you need a pool remodeling, finding the right contractor will make all of the significant difference in the world. It’s a perfect preparation to do your research before hiring a company with experience in the type of concrete resurfacing you’re interested in.
As long as it’s done well, choosing a material that suits your lifestyle could mean the difference between struggling to keep your pool area clean or having an enjoyable space to spend time with friends and family. Don’t let your next summer be spoiled by uneven surfaces or standing water all over your yard.
Ready for Your Pool Deck Resurfacing?
DreamCrete Custom Creations is your best choice for pool resurfacing in your area. We specialize in high-quality, affordable stamped concrete, cool decking, and other decorative concrete services in Central Florida. We can dramatically upgrade the look of your pool deck while also extending its lifespan. To get started, contact us today at (321) 972-5108 and get your free quote on our resurfacing services.